Saturday 25 October 2014

Diwali: The necessary evil

The festive season is on its way out. As much as I hate to admit, I enjoyed it! The colours, the lights, conveniently looking the other way from the pollution- both noise and air.

But I am here to bicker

I don't quite get what joy people get from bursting crackers.  I mean come on.. you can't just blow up a lakh on a ladi. You know what I mean. I think the income tax officers should have a tie up with the crackers suppliers!

And then not to mention the turmoil in the tummy after all the festivities. Every chachi and mami stuffs you with laddoos and chaklis. It doesn't help that i am a gujju married to a panju.. so I get my share of fafda and chorafadi, followed by all sorts of mithai. There goes my diet plan. And it definitely doesn't help that its the first diwali after wedding!

Having cribbed, I am sure I would miss every bit of this drama had this not been there!  Oh I so love the the conflict.  It is this conflict that makes diwali the necessary evil!

P.S. I gifted the Mr. gym membership for diwai. And the rangoli is a peacock. Don't you dare call it a duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment