Saturday 18 October 2014

Saturday Life

It is Saturday. I made a commitment to myself: blog everyday.

I spent about an hour making the blog page look "friendly". I am not sure I achieved what I wanted to. But then a little birdie told me content is more important than just looks. 

So here I am.. generating some content. 

Saturday evening, sunset from my window and a glass of wine. Not bad eh?
Coming back to content, I was wondering what constitutes it? Kitsch? Perhaps.

Let me write about what I am experiencing while currently reading Under The Dome by Stephen King. I wouldn't say its King at his best. He was much better in Shining. However, it is on this novel that a television series is based.

The book is about a town being trapped under what they call a Dome: transparent, yet so strong that even a US missile can not destroy. Now I saw the television series first and can not wait till the next season comes out to know more about why the Dome. So I pick up the book and boom! I realise how the series has messed with my imagination. King has developed the characters beautifully. However, I can not get over what I have seen in the series and that is so so limiting! It feels as if the series has built a fence ut around my imagination and I feel trapped! I can see greener pastures beyond but I cannot go there. I am trapped Under the Dome!

A word of advise, if you intend to read a book on which a movie or television series is based, please read the book first so as not to sour your experience!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment